Kitchen Appliance Maintenance Tip’s
With the scorching hot Georgia temperatures we’ve had lately, its a great time to stay inside and do some indoor home maintenance! Today we’re going to focus in on kitchen appliance maintenance. Chances are that your kitchen is one of the most heavily trafficked areas in your home, so you’ll want to be sure its running as efficiently as possible.
- Check the gasket on your refrigerator to ensure that it is sealing properly. Place a dollar bill between the gasket and the door. Once the door is closed, you should be able to pull the dollar bill out, but there should be tension.
- Check the interior shelves for cracks or to see if they are ill fitting. If they are cracked or shaky, replace them to avoid a collapse inside your fridge.
- Clean the back panel of your refrigerator and the coils.
- Check the door gasket for any water leaks while a cycle is running.
- Make sure to rinse large scraps of food off your dishes before putting them in the dishwasher to prevent clogs and smells.
- Load your dishwasher carefully with larger items around the exterior of the dishwasher so that you don’t block the spray arm.
- Put knives with the blade down. For other utensils, put the handles down for maximum cleaning.
- Check the spray arm to make sure there are no clogs in the tiny holes.
- Clean your drip pans periodically to prevent food buildup from causing a fire. If your drip pans are extra dirty, you can replace them.
- Clean the interior of your oven to prevent food buildup on the bottom of your oven.
- You can use a mixture of baking soda and water to clean your drip pans, as well as the inside of your oven.
These easy kitchen appliance maintenance tips can keep your kitchen running more efficiently and can greatly extend the life of your kitchen appliances. When performing your yearly kitchen appliance maintenance tasks, if you find yourself with any renovation or remodeling needs, make sure to call us at Riverstone Homes! Our large team of professionals will work with you to execute your vision and get the job done right the first time! Call us today at (770) 479-7205!